Tuesday 11 July 2017

MFH Ishoo Fifteen: Ork Big Mek in Mega Armour

Time once more for Mek Shop Month! While rummaging around for parts to build the buggies from, I found a Kinder Surprise capsule. That got me thinking (never a safe thing!) Obviously, it would make a good Killa Kan. But with the way GW things keep getting bigger, why not Mega Armour? Why not a Big Mek in Mega Armour to lead the mechanised horde? Why not a Big Mek in Mega Armour with a Kustom Force Field? Being unable to come up with any sane answer to any of these questions, time to unleash Grot on an unsuspecting egg...






















Though I had progress photos of this - turns out I didn't. The light body is plastic tube with plasticard end caps. A thin slice of a thinner tube is added on the front as a rim.







Again, thought I had progress shots but it turns out I didn't. Cap the tube ends with plasticard and then add a bunch of interesting shapes.








Another case of forgetting to take enough photos - The rectangle tube forms the end of the wrench with some card caps. The other part has tube running through it to the lower jaw of the wrench.






And there you have it hippo fans! My plan is to pose him up on one foot, marching forwards. Waddling really. Hence the detail on the sole of only one foot. Of course, I will need to find a 40mm base and weight it fairly heavily to stop him collapsing gracefully sideways... I'm also thinking about how to make him a Grot Oiler - either a mechanical squig or a grot in grot sized mega armour...

And as a bonus, here's The Hoodling's Urban Mech, which I decided to paint for him one dark and stormy night. It is clearly the greatest of mechs. Clearly.

The Urban Mech image above is from Mechwarrior Online by the way - the magnificent and stately K-9 Character Mech to be precise. I don't play very often and have never spent actual money on a mech. If I ever do, it will be this mighty beast.

Until next time, Hippo Fans!

1 comment :

  1. And once again you hit it out of the park! Brilliant

    ReplyDelete