Wednesday 4 June 2014

A Tale of Duelling Gamers: And then it was June.

Behold! June! Which means time to report on another month's progress and make wildly inaccurate statements about this month's progress!

Last month was slow. I had many terrainic things which demanded attention, and stuff I ordered from the US has STILL not arrived. It seems to be in some sort of postal hinterland... So I did not do the characters I had planned. I DID paint ten more warriors. Then I packed them with the other twenty, and have no idea which ones were from April and which from May...
As a solution to the whole 'where are my characters?' problem, I dropped into Mind Games while I was at the Face/Off tourney and got some spawn. And when I say 'Got some spawn' I mean 'Bought ridiculously cheap Bones figures to use as spawn! Huzzah!'

The army so far, including the ten new warriors, and the two spawn. Not including flash or a good photo really...
Yes, one of my spawn is Cthulhu. That's how I roll.


Behold my budget! The prices paid on the spawn might be a bit off, I'm pretty sure they were $10ea, but Mind Games always pull the price stickers off when they sell things for some stock-control related reason...

This month has got off to a good start. I originally planned to paint ONE WHOLE FIGURE! Then I checked the price, and realised I could afford TWO! Yes, the Chimera is only $69! So I will paint the might of my $16.80 toy shop Chimera (with wings from eBay) and a hero made from a $4 Bones snake woman! Huzzah! And the snake woman's almost done, just needs a base!

Now to go make toad themed terrain for the Woolongronks!

2 comments :

  1. Bones are such good value for money, but did you have an issue with the paint not flowing or do you use a primer, if so what one? I ask as I have .........let's say........a few to paint. Regards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have used bones both with and without primer. Without primer requires a slightly heavier coat. With primer tends to mean they get slightly sticky. I used basic hard ware shop spray. Reaper's site recommends Army Painter.

      Delete