Wednesday 21 March 2012

Ishoo FIfty: Ruined Temple (then and now)

Holy freaking hippo spit! It's Ishoo Fifty! Way back in 2009 I had no idea I'd ever do fifty of these... Heck, I wasn't even sure I'd do five. The really amazing thing is that even after fifty ishoos, I've still got things to teach.
I figured it was time for something special for Ishoo Fifty. I'd thought about maybe comparing the first ishoo (half timbered townhouses) with how I do things now, but honestly, my style has not changed much. So I set the dials to 'way back'. Way back in the 90s when I was a teen and just getting into wargames, one of the biggest appeals to me was all the pretty terrain I saw in White Dwarf. So when my Grandmother gave me the original red 'How To Make Wargames Terrain' book for my birthday, I had to have a go - even though I didn't actually play anything at that point! How did I do? Well, the original is long lost, but I've built a replica. Let's get 90s Grot to explain!




Well, there you go. Terrain making then and now. I hope this encourages you to have a shot - in all likely hood I was much worse than you when I started. My other great claim to fame for that era was an Ork hut based on those in the red book. Since I had no figures, I guessed the size. It ended up so small a Gretchin would find it cramped...
Anyway, stay tuned for the next fifty ishoos hippo fans - and don't forget the latest reader's choice poll at the top of the page!

No comments :

Post a Comment