Tuesday 27 September 2011

15mm Fornight: Shopping Spree



Back in January, I wrote an article about shopping for SF terrain parts. Well, I went to Wonthaggi (the nearest town with a decent shopping district) today, and rummaged around in the Op Shops and $2 Shops. Apart from discovering that the wonderfully named Kikazz Hobbies, the closest thing I have to a local hobby shop, now stocks Evergreen styrene, I also found several great little items.
First off I found a little dust buster designed for use in a car. At $2, it's a perfect small space craft shape. I also found some cheap hose nozzles and tap connectors at a $2 shop to make engines, and then some plastic door stops at another $2 shop which will be used for the cockpit area. Total cost? $9.50. And I'll have four door stops spare with which I intend to decorate a slightly alien looking tower. Look out for the space ship in the near future!
Remember when you are shopping, don't look at products, look at their shapes. Try not to see what they are but what they could become. Try to break any item down into it's component shapes and work out what you could do with each. It's really amazing what you can find if you look in the right way!

No comments :

Post a Comment